Wellbeing Hub and Student Wellbeing
At Paralowie R-12 School we believe that wellbeing is paramount to a young person’s success in school and in their daily lives.
Our goal is to support students to develop:
The Wellbeing Hub provides a supportive environment that promotes wellbeing and good health to our students and their families.
We aim to:
- Help reduce the risk of students with mental health/wellbeing related issues, progressing to adulthood without mental health treatment or intervention
- Break down the stigmas associated with mental health
- Provide a safe space to access a broad range of information which supports health and wellbeing, as well as access to school support staff and to specialist health services including Psychologists, School Dental Service, Mental Health Social Workers, Youth workers, Occupation Therapists, Speech Therapists, mentoring programs and services that support indigenous and multicultural communities.
The R-6 and 7-12 Wellbeing Leaders can provide the following support:
- Help to manage relationships with family, teachers and peers
- To manage issues of concern
- Course and career guidance
- To encourage attendance and learning at school
- Provide information about and referrals to external services through the Wellbeing Hub
The Wellbeing Hub also links with the Paralowie R-12 Community Centre to strengthen family relationships, provide family support and to build knowledge and skills in adolescent development and parenting.