At Paralowie, we provide a supportive environment for teaching and learning, with a focus on achievement and success for all in life, learning and citizenship. We work in partnership with the community to provide an education that equips students with the skills, knowledge, understanding, and values to actively participate in, and contribute to, a productive and rewarding life in society.
We work in partnership with the community to provide an education that equips students with the skills, knowledge, understanding, and values to actively participate in, and contribute to, a productive and rewarding life in society.
We strive to achieve this through:
- a learning and teaching environment that supports staff and students to do their best,
- high expectations for learning,
- clear, consistent and supportive student behaviour management,
- school-family partnership and support,
- quality relationships,
- enriching and enterprising programs,
- a culture of care,
- positive communication
- wellbeing through, and for, learning.
Paralowie is an R-12 school operating as three sub-schools:
- Junior School (Years R-6)
- Middle School (Years 7-9)
- Senior School (Years 10-12)
Literacy and Numeracy
Our R-6 School is a highly regarded for its learning program. We emphasise Literacy and Numeracy across all curriculum areas with intervention programs that help all learners. These include:
- a daily literacy block of 100 minutes,
- specialist support time in every class,
- small group learning and explicit skills teaching,
- connection to life experiences,
- regular monitoring and assessment of learning,
- reporting to parents twice a year,
- extensive leadership and student voice opportunities,
- extension programs for high achieving students,
- extensive use of ICTS and performing arts,
- specialist programs in sports and physical education, and Indonesian language and culture.
Students learn problem-solving, decision-making, co-operation and effective communication to help them become 21st century learners.
We maintain close links with community kindergartens. Continuity of learning visits occur throughout the year, with transition visits beginning in term 4. Before they begin,
students attend the school several times to meet teachers and familiarise themselves with school routines and environment.
Student Wellbeing and Engagement
At Paralowie we are committed to providing wellbeing programs and extra curricular activities to support and promote social and emotional resilience of students, including:
- Breakfast Club
- Children’s Uni
- Sporting Schools
- Early Bird Reading Program
- Lunchtime Clubs
- Homework Club
We place priority on building family-school relationships. Families, students and staff work together as a team. Our Community Centre offers and supports a range of learning activities for parents. Our school supports and encourages parent involvement at various levels including:
- Parents & Friends Group
- Governing Council
- Parent Volunteering